SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 21, 2015

I think there is too much pressure today on women. For some reason skinny=beautiful. God designed women to have natural curves and yes - extra "padding" here and there. There is something mysteriously beautiful about feminine curves. Our society keeps pushing us to have that "six pack" or that "thigh gap." Some women naturally have those things....and some of us don't. It is unhealthy to compare ourselves to other women thinking "that is what I want to look like..."

This picture is a reminder that every woman is beautiful! These women ALL WEIGH THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT!!! (That is why we should only use what we see in the mirror as determination! NOT some model we think is perfect. REALIZE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and EMBRACE who you are!!!)


I believe it is important to fill our bodies with healthy food so we are not constantly working against ourselves. I also believe that regular exercise is important for our overall health. It is important to feel confident in ourselves and how we look. There is nothing wrong with pushing ourselves to get that "extra definition" or "toning excessive jiggle." The best rule of thumb is EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. 

I am currently finishing up a clean eating challenge (tomorrow is the last day) and I feel proud of myself and the ladies who joined me in it and stuck it out!!! I honestly think the hardest part of the whole thing is trying to plan ahead and have everything mapped out. It is more expensive to eat healthy also - BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT. I am going to continue on this path of eating healthy! Convenience is what's getting me....lol. This is what I have decided:

I am spending X amount of dollars to make smoothies (greek yogurt, protein powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, probiotics, fresh veggies, frozen fruit, etc....). After planning ahead and spending that money to make those shakes I could have bought a complete shake ready to go.

I thought about buying Shakeology last fall but passed on it because the initial price scared me away. I also did not know enough about it to value it to spend the money.  I have always been the type of person that has to know "WHY" before I believe it and "PROVE" that something works...lol. Call me stubborn - but hey - it is what it is. 

I have been doing my "research" lol...I believe now that the ingredients in Shakeology are truly high quailty! (you get what you pay for) If I went to the store and bought everything I needed to make a shake equivalent to this one it would be REALLY EXPENSIVE! (Plus then I'd still have to store it all and actually make the shake and clean up...haha - I know I sound lazy. BUT IF IT IS NOT CONVENIENT IT IS HARD TO STICK WITH.) 



I finally "bit the bullet" you could say and bought a 30 day supply of Shakeology to try. I LOVE IT. I decided on the individual packets so I have it measured out already, I can conveniently take it to work, mix it up at home -plus easy to throw in my purse for a backup meal (NO excuse for fast food...lol) I tried half vegan chocolate and half vegan tropical strawberry....yum. Normally I don't really care for premixed shakes...but these are tasty! ;) Okay - enough about that. I am just excited about it! lol.

(here's my link if you want more info on it: http://www.shakeology.com/andreanewkirk

Anyway, it will be a convenient, healthy way for me to stay on track while fitting in my next exercise challenge starting on June 1st!  If you aren't already my friend of Facebook - Friend Me! I am still adding people to my member list for when I create the closed challenge group for June 1ST! (It is a free 30 day challenge group that will help us all stay accountable and TONE for summer!)



I LOVE encouraging you to be the best you can be. I KNOW that if you set your mind to it - you CAN do it! You are stronger than you think. Once again - You have ALWAYS been beautiful. Now you're just deciding to be healthier, fitter, faster, and stronger. Remember that. 

And remember - YOU are your only competition. 

-andreanewkirknaturalliving






Post a Comment

We All Have A Choice

We all start in the same place. We are given a choice. Do you know what your decision boils down to? PERSPECTIVE. You...