SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, May 2, 2015

It has always been a goal of mine to be healthy and active. I played soccer during college and remained active during that season of my life. (I am blessed to say that I have been happily married since 2009) My husband and I met in college - got married within a year and a half and began this journey together called life! We were pretty active in the beginning of our marriage when our schedules were lighter....It is tricky to balance healthy eating and exercise when real life hits and there is a new routine that begins. Finding time and motivation to fit in healthy eating and regular exercise can be a real struggle. Especially when it isn't always most convenient. I occasionally would run, hike, or mountain bike after work or on the weekends - but never fully committed to a "lifestyle" schedule. My eating habits slowly got worse and I felt lazy when it came to exercise. Summer of 2014 rolled around and I decided to try something new...

I'm not going to lie. I normally DO NOT like regular exercise. I have never had a gym membership, and never will. I decided to try Piyo because it looked convenient as I could do the scheduled workouts at home after work each day. An added bonus: no one to stare at me as I figured out my workout routine...haha. I decided to go all in  - be committed and do the workout schedule for two months. 

At the end of the two months I think I only missed two of my scheduled workouts. I felt more confident about my abilities and strength, actually LOOKED FORWARD to how I felt after working out, and best of all - I LOST INCHES and LOOKED AND FELT BETTER!! I decided it is worth going all in and giving something new a try! 

Within weeks of completing my two month challenge I found out I was PREGNANT!!! I continued to do Piyo off and on (most times the modified version during my first trimester). I did Piyo about once a week during my second trimester and then every once in a while during my third trimester while supplementing weekly walking. 

I decided to become a coach to inspire new Moms to stay fit - and be an encouragement about losing the baby weight AFTER pregnancy! As I write this I am 32 weeks pregnant and getting motivated to work hard after baby arrives to get back in shape!I believe that with the right tools, positive encouragement, and dedication anything can be achieved. I want to invite other new moms to join me on this journey as I work to achieve my own fitness goals after baby! What is there to lose???

Gotta keep in mind: "A GOAL WITHOUT A PLAN IS JUST A WISH!" 

I am here to help you MAKE A PLAN so that your own goals can be accomplished!!! You can do it! I believe in you!

I've got 8 weeks until my due date and I just ordered myself a challenge pack to have during my maternity leave! In order to set myself up for success I decided that it would be best to have a program I enjoy (PIYO and just ordered BRAZIL BUTT LIFT), convenient and complete meals - (SHAKEOLOGY), and accountability (YOU!) If you are interested in joining me along this transformation journey let me know! Challenge packs are available on my beachbody site -http://www.teambeachbody.com/andreanewkirk

We shall see how this transformation goes! I know realistically it will take a while, because it is not a crash diet. It will be actual discipline and work - fitting in a workout routine and sticking to a healthy diet. Everything in moderation. That is what my dad taught me growing up - It is what I still live by. Balance is key in everything!!! We are all human and will slip up from time to time - but as long as we jump right back on track that's all that matters!  Just gotta keep moving in the right direction!!!!

"Life is a journey, not a destination."

Who wants to journey with me?? ;)

-AndreaNewkirkHealthyLiving

Post a Comment

We All Have A Choice

We all start in the same place. We are given a choice. Do you know what your decision boils down to? PERSPECTIVE. You...