SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 8, 2017

See You Later







It is often the most difficult seasons in life that define who we are, that open our eyes, and push us to be better.

Life is filled with both valley and mountain top experiences.

I am learning that I do not always need to understand God's big picture to take the next step and trust in His timing. I believe that everything happens for a reason, even when it seems confusing, painful, or even unnecessary. I do not have all of the answers and am leaning on God for His master plan...When I meet God face to face I'll know...
(1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, even as I was also fully known.")

This past year has been incredibly difficult. The most difficult thing I've ever faced. I don't speak about it much quite frankly because it hurts....like cuts to the core. Part of the healing process is taking time to cry, appreciating time with my family, and learning to look to the future, while creating memories with those we DO still have time with.

In the process of losing my only brother and one of my vert best friends, I am also finding that I must find myself again...different seasons in life demand that of us.... Otherwise we'd stay sedentary, and without growth. I went through a season of finding myself when I moved to college, then when I got married, then when I became a mom, and now as I find a new "normal" without someone I loved so much.

In the midst of this I feel so blessed to have my husband by my side. He's seen me at my best and my worst. He is extremely supportive and I love him to pieces. God absolutely blessed me with the BEST when I married him eight years ago.

Every day is a gift. Time is precious. We never know when our last day could be. It is extremely important to live life intentionally and to stay positive, even when life gets tough.

I hugged Zach goodbye and told him I loved him one year ago today and he smiled back at me and said, "I love you to my older and shorter sister." Instead of goodbye we both said "See ya later."

And it was just that. Not a good-bye, but see you later............

2 Corinthians 4:18 "For we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

#loveoutloud

-andreanewkirknaturalliving




1 comment :

  1. Andrea, what a beautiful expression of your grief, healing and overcoming journey this past year. I thank God for helping you and your family everyday and without a doubt, He will continue to bring peace, comfort and strength. Your family has inspired my faith and I know you will continue to be a light to many hurting people.

    Love to all,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

We All Have A Choice

We all start in the same place. We are given a choice. Do you know what your decision boils down to? PERSPECTIVE. You...