SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 21, 2018

Keep It Simple


Less is More. 

The less things you have, the less things have you.

Keep it Simple.

The thought I'd like to share this morning is on simplifying various areas of life. In a society that strives to have more, be more, do more, I'd like to say the opposite and scale it back a little,,,

I realize that sounds backwards to some, and I for sure think it is important to continue pushing forward to be the absolute best versions of ourselves...but there is a healthy, balanced way to go about that. Here are some things that pop into my mind:


-Less big purchases mean less payments (less debt) 
-Less additives in our food means less "crap" our body must sort through to properly digest what we ingest and find nutrients 
-Less plans in our schedule means more down time to simply enjoy living and results in a slower paced, less stressful schedule

Those are just a few little examples. 

Life is already passing by FAST ENOUGH! 
(I'm reminded this every time I see how quickly my daughter is growing!)

I want to strive for simplicity...I truly believe that is where simple joy resides.


"Simple Gifts" is a Shaker song written and composed in 1848 by Elder Joseph Brackett. 
Lyrics
'Tis the gift to be simple
'Tis the gift to be free
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be
And when we find ourselves in the place just right
It will be in the valley of love and delight
When true simplicity is gained
To bow and to bend, we will not be ashamed
To turn, turn, will be our delight
'Til by turning, turning, we come round right

Joseph had it right back in 1848 when he wrote about the gift of being free from simplicity!


I realize it goes against society today, but I am excited to live a more simple life...my husband are slowly working towards that! It feels good to work together as a team and make small, steady changes to have less debt, to eat more simply for optimal health, and to simplify our schedules so we have more time for each other, for family, and for enjoying time outdoors...

What can you simplify to make your life better?

-Andrea Newkirk 

Post a Comment

We All Have A Choice

We all start in the same place. We are given a choice. Do you know what your decision boils down to? PERSPECTIVE. You...