SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, June 20, 2015

This week's lesson is patience. 

I have always said "Anything worth having is worth waiting for." It has been what I've said since high school when I really dug down and started praying for my future husband. I knew that by praying, getting out of the driver's seat, and allowing God to write my love story, I would be with who God wanted me to have. 

I met my wonderful husband in 2007 and sure enough, God's blessing on my love life was definitely worth waiting for! Jacob and I decided to once again be patient and WAIT for marriage, remaining pure as we put God first in our relationship. Was that easy? UM. NO. That was the LONGEST 14 month engagement! HAHA! But once again - ANYTHING WORTH HAVING IS WORTH WAITING FOR. Can I just say that our wedding night was one of the most incredible moments of my life? Not because we were "pros" - lol - but because we felt God's blessing on our life, in our relationship...It was a pure, perfect moment - and it was because we allowed God to be the center of it. 


The same lesson can be applied to my life right now as I have recently felt impatient as I am 39 weeks pregnant this weekend! Last week I felt frustrated that my "time" had not come yet and I was trying EVERYTHING to induce labor naturally! Haha - I'm sure there are some other mamas reading this who can relate! Ya know what though? God gently reminded me Thursday evening that I need to stop focusing on what I think is best and allow Him to create the most perfect story. Hasn't He already proven to me that when I allow Him to write my story it turns out better than if I had forced it myself?!! I stopped and prayed as I journaled and the feeling on stress and control was gone. It is crazy how we can get to narrow minded as to how everything is supposed to play out. Whether it is in our relationships, our jobs, our finances, WHATEVER it may be you are stressed about - STOP trying to make it work on your own! Something absolutely beautiful happens when we allow God to come into our lives and paint the picture He has already created! We just have to give HIM the opportunity to show us. 

Today I am back to my original mindset that "Anything worth having is worth waiting for." It took me a little while to realize I was focusing on ME trying to make things happen when I wanted them to. Without taking a step back to evaluate myself it is SO EASY to get wrapped up in feeling the need to control everything. I don't want to miss the beautiful details in waiting for God's timing. I am trusting in HIS plan for when my daughter is ready to make her way into this world. God's plan for my life is greater than what I could ever create for myself! I am excited as I wait to see this exciting chapter unfold! It will all be in His perfect time - So I know it will be a beautiful story! 

I encourage you to take a step back in your own life and allow God's perfect plan to take place. Some of you who are reading this may think I'm kooky, crazy, or eccentric for how I have chosen to live my life...and that's okay with me ;) Lol. I just know that when I take myself out of the equation and lean on God, the most abundant life unfolds!


-andreanewkirknaturalliving






Post a Comment

We All Have A Choice

We all start in the same place. We are given a choice. Do you know what your decision boils down to? PERSPECTIVE. You...